How to write a scientific article?
Today’s scientific articles are written both by people with academic degree and students. Science is constantly evolving and attracting pupils who deals with complex works, works hard to find the original sources, contribute their innovative proposals.
There is should be definite plan during the creation of scientific text. It’s necessary to determine the features of text which will lead it to the forefront among the same scientists or collaborators. The article should be innovative, consist of authentic ideas, conclusions and remarks. The structure should be demarcated as reference system must be theoretically underpinned. Such kind of work will be interesting for scientists of different countries, as well useful for studying.
What you need to write an excellent scientific article? Sometips.
Never forget the basic rules of formation of an article to avoid tedium.
- Properly written article should be useful for reader, so dedicate is to specific scientific sector. If the content is intended for narrow specialist be sure to indicate it in introduction.
- Be aware that the text of an article is not only theoretical statements of other authors finished with your conclusions. Article is your personal vision of problem based on theoretical material.
- Don’ttrytoimitatethejournalistoressaystylein your work. Scienceworkisalwaysbasedonfixedcontributions opened with help of selected facts. It’snecessaryforauthortoshow the work with references at works of other researchers. Ifyouplantopresentonlyyourthoughtswithout any sources, the article can’t be considered as scientic.
- Always follow the style of your writing. Inexperienced scientist are often ready to show their knowledge and therefore use a lot of clerical and academic vocabulary. As a result, such text becomes unreadable even for experienced colleagues. Scientists from related disciplines will not be able to deal with confusing definitions. That’s why such kind of article will not be read to the end. Try to use terminology and narrowly specialized words only if it’s necessary and don’t forget about explanations. Whencoveringselectedtheme, givesomehistoricalinformationabout your topic. Evenifyourworkisgroundbreaking, youcanalwaysfindatheoreticalbasisin related sciences.
- Text of article should be logical, it must be structured. You should stick to balance because the content subordinates the form.
- Always look after the volume of article which includes alleged content. Don’t try to put multi-volume edition in short article. The perfect solution is to point the one side of problematic issue. That’srathernarrowsthetopic. Then you will be able to inform the reader about any nuance of described problem and show contextual details. It will explain all the disputed moment without leaving of shortcomings.
- Always look after the shape of your work, it’s content, correct ratio of illustrations and its layout are suit to the “Nature” of publishing which will publish your article. If the work is made for contest or conference, it’s better to pay attention to extended requirements such as volume, design and specific topic. That’s bid advantage then the author will know in the beginning the journal where his work will be published. Editors board can give clear requirements on the volume and direction of scientific thoughts. Choose several journals and write slightly modified texts for them. This action will increase your chances to be publishedЛучшевсегосмотритсяструктурированныйтекст – поделенныйнаабзацыилиразделы.
- Try to not distract from the main problem issue of your work. Check the similarity of titles and topics inside of sections.
- Make sure that the initial judgment had a logical conclusion in the form of competent conclusions. This will be main indicators of significance of the work, especially if they are confirmed by prescribed illustrations and theoretical references.
Creating of a scientific text.A sequence
If you follow a strict sequence in writing, you will be able to create logical, fascinating and informative text.
Following this algorithm, you will surely draw the scientific work, to make it interesting and useful.
- Define the problem and its relevant part, that you show in the text.
- If you are already familiar with the subject you have drafts of articles, be sure to deduct it. This will help avoid minor mistakes and differences of opinion.
- Imagine what kind of innovation you can offer on a selected topic and how you can submit structured.
- Always go back to the primary sources of research. Make connection with the library, pay attention to the new developments that made at last year. It will be particularly relevant in the form of references to the literature. Do not miss sight periodicals such as magazines, collections. Often these are summed up of various scientific conferences.
- You can insert links to your articles printed earlier.
- If you have never written articles before, you should become familiar with the primary sources in this area. Determine the topics concern to you and choose the most important. Reinforce your choice by your decisiveness to offer new solutions for selected problems.
- Consider the work plan. It is a priori logical and structured. Suchplanconsistsof:
- the beginning as introductory part;
- the main part including small sections;
- the final part including conclusions;
- a list of used sources and literature.
The rules to publications included the writing of annotations, which consists of no more than 10 sentences and keywords.
- Pay attention to the methodology of research work. It should be modern, and only consider your problem.
- Save a draft of article. Set out subject and the future form of the work, and theoretical arguments underlying reasonin it. This will allow you to make their own conclusions.
- Complete the main part and be prepared to work on the introductory remarks and conclusions. Introductory part consists of:
- small sentences with information;
- your evaluation of subjects in the work;
- justified reason of writing;
- essentials of your assumptions;
- the relevance of your work;
- the plan of work.
- Look at all the sources of introduction and the main part. Place all of the results in the final block. They will not look new to the reader as it is the end of all your beliefs. The output should not contain any new information. Summarize the above, but not repeat it.
- Make a final check. Make emphasis on the consistency of the material, its consistency and compliance with the results of the initial objectives. Then design work. Do not ignore the rules and regulations set by the organizers.
Your article will have a truly scientific character if you use these tips and you will comply with the algorithm of design of publication prescribed above. The key to success is the right balance of material from primary sources and your own personal statements.